With 9-0 results in the Premier League and shocks elsewhere, it was quite a week for European football. In case you’re after some team upgrades this week, here are our FIFA 20 Team of the Week 7 (TOTW 7) predictions.
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to Get FIFA 20 Team of the Week 7 Players (TOTW 7)
- Open Packs
Team of the Week players can be found in any gold pack. If the player has a base silver card, they can also be found in silver packs, and the case is the same for players with base bronze cards in FIFA 20.
- Buy Them From the Transfer Market
All TOTW players can be purchased from the transfer market. At this stage in the game, most will be cheap, but high rated or desirable cards will be expensive.
FIFA 20 Team of the Week 7 (TOTW 7) Predictions
- Paulo Gazzaniga – GK – Spurs – 78 OVR – This is the first of a few questionable choices in what was a quiet week for individual performances. Spurs lost 2-1 to Liverpool, which would usually disqualify a goalkeeper from getting a TOTW place, but with the second highest number of saves for a keeper in a Premier League match, Gazzaniga deserves it.
- Ferro – CB – Benfica – 81 OVR – Ferro scored the only goal of the game and kept a clean sheet vs. Tondela.
- Ben Chilwell – LB – Leicester City – 82 OVR – This could also be the first ever week in which we see three players from one club make the squad. Chilwell got the opening goal and two more assists as Leicester beat Southampton 9-0.
- Nicolas Tagliafico – LB – Ajax – 86 OVR – Scoring another goal for Ajax this weekend, Tagliafico could be in line for his second TOTW of the year.
- Fabinho – CDM – Liverpool – 86 OVR – This wouldn’t usually be enough, but EA Sports might give the Brazilian giant a TOTW 7 spot for his MOTM award this weekend, with there being so few midfield candidates.
- Saul – CM – Atletico Madrid – 86 OVR – It was a very quiet week for midfield performances. Saul scored once as Atletico beat Bilbao 2-0.
- Ayoze Perez – RW – Leicester City – 81 OVR – Foxes player number two, Perez scored a hat-trick in the 9-0 win.
- Christian Pulisic – LW – Chelsea – 82 OVR – He’s had a quiet start to life in the Premier League, but with a hat-trick at Burnley this week, he’s arrived on the scene.
- Jamie Vardy – ST – Leicester City – 84 OVR – Normally, you wouldn’t see more than one player get a TOTW shout from one team, but being another player to have scored a hat-trick in the 9-0 win, it’s difficult to disqualify Jamie Vardy.
- Mauro Icardi – ST – PSG – 86 OVR – Fingers crossed that Kylian Mbappe gets a place instead, but Icardi also scored a brace this weekend and Mbappe will probably need to do more to get his first special card of FIFA 20.
- Luis Muriel – ST – Atalanta – 83 OVR – Another striker with a hat-trick this weekend, Muriel played a big part of Atalanta’s 7-1 win.
What Team of the Week Players Are & What’s Different?
Team of the Week players in FIFA 20 are just slightly upgraded versions of existing players in the game. They are awarded for good performances in real-world football and players’ rating gradually get higher as they get more and more in-forms.
You’ll notice them due to the card being black rather than gold. You’ll also see the flares in the tunnel as bright gold, rather than white as they are for standard gold players.
You can check out our predictions for FIFA 20 Team of the Week 7 (TOTW 7) in Ultimate Team above.
When Does Team of the Week 7 (TOTW 7) Go Live in FIFA 20?
The full team will be revealed via EA Sports’ Twitter account at 10 am ET on Wednesday, and the players will be released into packs at 1 pm the same day.