International break Team of the Weeks tend to be pretty tricky to predict, since matches are spread out over the week and a mix of players take part. It’s the first one since FIFA 20 launched too. In case you’re after some team upgrades, here are our FIFA 20 Team of the Week 5 (TOTW 5) predictions.
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to Get FIFA 20 Team of the Week 5 Players (TOTW 5)
- Open Packs
Team of the Week players can be found in any gold pack. If the player has a base silver card, they can also be found in silver packs, and the case is the same for players with base bronze cards in FIFA 20.
- Buy Them From the Transfer Market
All TOTW players can be purchased from the transfer market. At this stage in the game, most will be cheap, but high rated or desirable cards will be expensive.
FIFA 20 Team of the Week 5 (TOTW 5) Predictions
- Kasper Schmeichel – GK – Leicester City – 85 OVR – Winning the MOTM award and being widely praised on social media after Denmark’s 1-0 win over Switzerland, Schmeichel had a great weekend.
- Thomas Meunier – RB – PSG – 84 OVR – He wasn’t involved in Belgium’s 9-0 win over San Marino but Meunier scored in their game vs. Kazakhstan.
- Martin Hinteregger – CB – Frankfurt – 83 OVR – This week has a lack of standout defensive performances but the Austrian scored once against Israel.
- Jacub Brabec – CB – Viktoria Plzen – 78 OVR – Shocking a lethargic England on Friday night, Brabec scored the first goal in the 2-1 win.
- Miralem Pjanic – CM – Juventus (Piemonte Calcio) – 87 OVR – In Boznia’s 4-1 win over Finland, Pjanic scored twice.
- John McGinn – CM – Aston Villa – 78 OVR – It may have only been San Marino but the Aston Villa midfielder scored a hat-trick in a 6-0 win.
- Georginio Wijnaldum – CM – Liverpool – 86 OVR – Once again proving to be more of an attacking threat for the Netherlands than for Liverpool, the midfielder scored twice against Belarus.
- Denis Cheryshev – LM – Valencia – 82 OVR – In their 5-0 win over Cyprus, the Valencia winger scored twice and assisted another two.
- Hirving Lozano – RW – Napoli – 84 OVR – Maybe the first OTW card to get an upgrade, Lozano scored once and assisted twice this weekend.
- Alan Kardec – ST – Chongqing Dangdai Lifan – 81 OVR – In one of the few leagues still going this week, the Brazilian scored four times.
- Robert Lewandowski – ST – Bayern Munich – 91 OVR – The in-form Polish striker scored three against Latvia on Thursday and another against North Macedonia this weekend.
What Team of the Week Players Are & What’s Different?
Team of the Week players in FIFA 20 are just slightly upgraded versions of existing players in the game. They are awarded for good performances in real-world football and players’ rating gradually get higher as they get more and more in-forms.
You’ll notice them due to the card being black rather than gold. You’ll also see the flares in the tunnel as bright gold, rather than white as they are for standard gold players.
You can check out our predictions for FIFA 20 Team of the Week 5 (TOTW 5) in Ultimate Team above.
When Does Team of the Week 5 (TOTW 5) Go Live in FIFA 20?
The full team will be revealed via EA Sports’ Twitter account at 10 am ET on Wednesday, and the players will be released into packs at 1 pm the same day.