All the best fantasy RPGs have a tavern or two where you can sit and soak up the atmosphere of townsfolk bantering and drinking to the sound of a medieval guitar or flute. There aren’t many that actually let you run the tavern, though. Enter Crossroads Inn, a fantasy tavern management sim with a “rich” story, RPG mechanics, 46 original tunes composed by Witcher composer Marcin Przybyłowicz, and now a release date for later this month, Oct. 23.
The game is from Polish developer Kraken Unleashed Studio, an indie team funded in part by a successful Kickstarter campaign earlier this year. Crossroads Inn consists of two separate modes: sandbox, and campaign. While you’ll just focus on managing the business and economy of your tavern in sandbox, the campaign is said to feature a meaty story involving a kingdom in turmoil.
“Gamers will become part of a large-scale drama full of political intrigues, vivid characters, treacherous NPC’s and dangerous quests inspired by RPG games – You will even have a damsel in distress to save!”
Key features are as below:
- Two distinct game modes: an epic Campaign mode with a non-linear story (12 different endings!) and nearly endless Sandbox mode dedicated to hardcore sim fans
- A rich and detailed lore with feuding factions and powerful organizations – choose to forge alliances or work against others in an original low fantasy setting
- Once in a lifetime culinary adventure designed in cooperation with the experts from Nerds’ Kitchen! Discover recipes, create new dishes and serve varied menus to attract different social groups
- A complex tavern economy simulation with various groups of customers, special guests, unique and regular employees, dozens of resources and facilities to build and develop – all bound together with a network of reliances
- Original soundtrack composed by a talented team including Marcin Przybyłowicz (The Witcher 3) and recorded with traditional folk instruments from various cultures and eras
- Expanded in-game culinary recipes along with a fully developed nutritional system created to influence relationships with different guests and fractions
- Extensive in-game editor that allows you to fully modify the game and to create your own campaigns, scenarios, and adventures with access to all game assets
Crossroads Inn is available on PC/Linux/Mac via Steam and comes in two versions: standard, and collector’s, costing $19.99 and $24 respectively.
You can check out some sandbox gameplay below:
If you’re interested in other medieval-themed kingdom management sims from indie developers then do check out the recent update from the team behind Yes, Your Grace.