Rocket Launchers have had kind of an up and down history. For a while, they were the champion of PvE damage before the cluster bomb nerf, but now they are kind of regulated to PvP/Gambit with the rise of Grenade Launchers. In any event, let’s go over the best rocket launchers for PvE, PvP and Gambit in Destiny 2.
Honestly, perhaps more than any other weapon type in Destiny 2, rocket launchers really just come down to perk preference. You usually want cluster bombs, even post nerf, and tracking is nice if you can get it (basically mandatory for PvP/Gambit) and besides that, it’s whatever you like.
The exceptions are the exotics, which do some unique things and are worth using in certain situations.
Wardcliff Coil is extremely powerful in all game modes, and is one of the better exotics in the game. Two-Tailed Fox can’t match the DPS, but if hanging back and being safe is important to you, it’s better than most average rocket launchers in non-raid boss scenarios.
Aside from the exotics, we have a few recommendations below which are capable of getting some good perks rolls for PvE content.
Best Rocket Launchers in Destiny 2
Best for PvE
- Bad Omens (Power, Void) – Possible reward from completing Gambit matches and rank-ups.
- Braytech Osprey (Power, Void) – Rare drop from completing the Nightfall version of the strike, Strange Terrain.
- Sins of the Past (Power, Arc) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Leviathan.
- Sleepless (Power, Arc) – Possible drop from completing activities in The Dreaming City.
- Two-Tailed Fox (Power, Void, Exotic) -Random rare exotic world drop.
- Wardcliff Coil (Power, Arc, Exotic) – Random rare exotic world drop.
- Zenobia-D (Power, Arc) – Random reward from ranking up with the Gunsmith at the Tower.