Pulse Rifles in Destiny 2 are one of the best all-round weapons in the game that are solid from pretty much all ranges. They are one of the best weapons for quickly clearing out minors from a safe distance, and certain weapons can even excel against majors and bosses. These are the best pulse rifles in Destiny 2 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit as of Destiny 2: Shadowkeep.
For PvE, three out of the four exotic pulse rifles in Destiny 2 all excel in various situations. But the standout is Outbreak Perfected which is powerful, accurate, stable, has awesome regular perks and a powerful exotic perk.
Attacks with Outbreak Perfected attach SIVA nanites on rapid hits and precision kills which increase the weapon’s. The more people that fire Outbreak Perfected, the more powerful the effect becomes.
Even just one Outbreak Perfected is powerful, but five or six people running it and it becomes a viable DPS strategy good enough for even the toughest raid bosses.
As far as legendary weapons go, the stalwarts for most of year 2 of Destiny 2 were Blast Furnace, Bygones, and Chattering Bone. All three of these weapons possess desirable perks, and stat distribution that make them ideal at one-shotting minors easily, and putting a hurt on tougher enemies as well.
When Shadowkeep rolls around and you want to make a build designed around your super, consider Bad Juju which is not only a powerful pulse rifle on its own right, but will refill your ammo and help you recharge your super faster.
Best Pulse Rifles in Destiny 2
Best for PvE and Gambit
- Bad Juju (Kinetic, Exotic) – Unlock 18 Tribute Hall statues and complete the subsequently unlocked exotic quest.
- Blast Furnace (Kinetic) – Complete a powerful pulse rifle frame quest from Ada-1.
- Bygones (Kinetic) – Possible random drop from completing Gambit matches.
- Chattering Bone (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Last Wish.
- Graviton Lance (Energy, Void, Exotic) – Possible reward choice during Destiny 2’s vanilla campaign. Rare random exotic world drop.
- Inaugural Address (Energy, Void) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid, Leviathan.
- Outbreak Perfected (Kinetic, Exotic) – Complete the exotic quest, Fallen Transponder, and the subsequent Zero Hour secret mission.