There’s truly no shortage of great hand cannons in Destiny 2. It’s arguably the most popular and most reliable archetype in all of Destiny 2 and is useful across all game modes; at least as of the cusp of Shadowkeep. In any event, we’re going to go over the best hand cannons in Destiny 2.
In PvE you have a plethora of options to choose from. If you want an easy gun to get that has great rolls, try and cross your fingers for Midnight Coup to drop.
It has Rampage and Outlaw, two excellent perks, and you don’t need to roll for perks over and over once you get your first one.
If you want guns with more varied (but still good) perk options, Spare Rations and Austringer are both worth grinding for. Energy-wise, Kindled Orchid, Trust, and Nation of Beasts are the best picks.
Hand cannon exotics tend to be slightly more popular in Destiny 2 PvP than PvE, but you still have a few great choices such as Ace of Spades and Crimson.
If you’re really fond of your favorite PvP hand cannon though, it should perform pretty well on anything other than a raid boss in PvE as well.
Best Hand Cannons in Destiny 2
Best for PvE
- Ace of Spades (Kinetic) – Complete the exotic quest Cayde’s Will.
- Austringer (Kinetic) – Obtained via the Menagerie/Chalice of Opulence Crafting.
- Crimson (Kinetic) – Rare exotic world drop.
- Kindled Orchid (Energy, Void) – Complete the powerful Black Armory hand cannon frame.
- Malfeasance (Kinetic) – Complete the exotic quest Seething Heart.
- Midnight Coup (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid Leviathan.
- Nation of Beasts (Energy, Arc) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid Last Wish.
- Spare Rations (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing Gambit Prime matches and The Reckoning Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Trust (Energy, Solar) – Possible drop from completing matches of Gambit.