There’s truly no shortage of great hand cannons in Destiny 2. It’s arguably the most popular and most reliable archetype in all of Destiny 2 and is useful across all game modes; at least as of Shadowkeep and Season of Dawn. In any event, we’re going to go over the best hand cannons in Destiny 2.
In PvE you have a plethora of options to choose from. If you want an easy gun to get that has great rolls, try and cross your fingers for Midnight Coup to drop.
It has Rampage and Outlaw, two excellent perks, and you don’t need to roll for perks over and over once you get your first one.
If you want guns with more varied (but still good) perk options, Spare Rations and Austringer are both worth grinding for. Energy-wise, Kindled Orchid, Trust, and Nation of Beasts are the best picks.
Hand cannon exotics tend to be slightly more popular in Destiny 2 PvP than PvE, but you still have a few great choices such as Ace of Spades and Eriana’s Vow.
Eriana’s Vow in particular innately has anti-barrier rounds on it, allowing you to free up your kinetic slot to use something else to pierce barriers in Nightfall: The Ordeal, Garden of Salvation, or whatever else comes out down the road that uses this new mechanic introduced in Shadowkeep.
Sunshot got a nice buff as well finally to its magazine size, which puts it on par with other options.
If you’re really fond of your favorite PvP hand cannon though, it should perform pretty well on anything other than a raid boss in PvE as well.
Best Hand Cannons in Destiny 2
Best for PvE
- Ace of Spades (Kinetic, Exotic) – Complete the exotic quest Cayde’s Will.
- Austringer (Kinetic) – Obtained via the Menagerie/Chalice of Opulence Crafting.
- Crimson (Kinetic, Exotic) – Rare exotic world drop.
- Eriana’s Vow (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Obtained as a season pass reward for Season of the Undying.
- Kindled Orchid (Energy, Void) – Complete the powerful Black Armory hand cannon frame.
- Lumina (Kinetic, Exotic) – Obtained via an exotic quest.
- Midnight Coup (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid Leviathan.
- Nation of Beasts (Energy, Arc) – Possible drop from completing encounters in the raid Last Wish.
- Spare Rations (Kinetic) – Possible drop from completing Gambit Prime matches and The Reckoning Tier 2 and Tier 3.
- Sunshot (Energy, Solar, Exotic) – Possible reward choice from Red War campaign, random rare exotic world drop otherwise.
- Trust (Energy, Solar) – Possible drop from completing matches of Gambit.