Bows, introduced in the Forsaken expansion, are still building up a roster of viable weapons. There are only a small handful of bows in the game right now, both on the legendary and exotic end of things, but there are still a few worth considering. These are the best bows in Destiny 2 for PvE, PvP, and Gambit.
There are only a handful of bows in total in Destiny 2, so we’re going to try and keep the below recommendations laser focused on truly the best bows in Destiny 2.
For the legendary bows in PvE, generally you want to grab perks such as Rampage, Explosive Head, Dragonfly and/or Archer’s Tempo as they are quite helpful for maximizing your DPS.
Similar to rocket launchers and swords though, the effectiveness of the best bows in Destiny 2 really comes down to rolls, and personal preference based on feel.
If you want grind out Hush, it is one of the best bows in Destiny 2, provided you’re willing and able to utilize its unique perk, Archer’s Gambit, which rewards hip-fire precision hits with crazy fast draw speed.
There truly aren’t any great raid bows in Destiny 2, as bows excel in situations where you need to fire quickly from cover, and take out minor/major enemies.
Exotic wise, Le Monarque and Trinity Ghoul are both excellent bows in Destiny 2 if you’re a PvE bow main and know you’re going to be using a bow for the majority of the activity. It comes down to which perk you prefer to take advantage of, but you can’t go wrong with either.
Best Bows in Destiny 2
Best for PvE and Gambit
- Hush (Energy, Solar) – Complete the Gambit pinnacle quest, Hush Little Baby
- Le Monarque (Energy, Void, Exotic) – Complete powerful Black Armory weapon frames at Volundr Forge.
- No Turning Back (Kinetic) – Reward during Forsaken campaign, possible drop from high-end Spider Wanted bounties.
- Subtle Calamity (Energy, Void) – Random legendary world drop.
- Trinity Ghoul (Energy, Arc, Exotic) – Random rare exotic world drop.