Bandai Namco has detailed the contents of Code Vein’s Patch 1.4, which is due to release later this month. The Halloween-themed update will add new character creation option, as well as some quality of life improvements that streamline exploration gameplay.
The full patch notes are as follows:
- Adding new creation accessories, color pallets and face paints featuring Halloween.
- Adding a new function for hair parts that allows to use as left-right symmetry.
- Allowing to change partners at Mistle from the beginning.
- Adding a new function to lock the map direction.
- Adding a new function to turn off conversations during exploration.
- Adding pop-up messages while getting abnormal conditions.
- Changing the trigger conditions for “the Trial of Blood” .
- Allowing to drain ichor from the sandbag during training.
The patch has no firm release date as of yet. Bandai Namco says the “release timing for the patch would be end of October.”
Here are some screenshots of the new Halloween clothing options:
Code Vein launched late last month across PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Its critical reception was mostly positive.
Twinfinite was very keen on the game, scoring it a 4/5 and concluding that “Code Vein is the rare type of game that only gets better and better the further you get into the experience. ” You can read more on our review impressions here.