With the Fortnite World Cup on the horizon and plenty of opportunities to watch the best players go head-to-head, Epic and YouTube have teamed together to give players a new reward in YouTube Drops. Here’s how to link your Epic and YouTube accounts so you’re eligible for YouTube Drops.
What Are YouTube Drops?
These Drops are essentially new cosmetics that can only be unlocked when a player links their Epic and YouTube accounts together in order to celebrate the beginning of the Fortnite World Cup.
The three items first available as part of these YouTube Drops are a Game Jam Spray, the World Cup Spray, and a Red Line Wrap. Check ’em out in the image below.
How to Link Epic & YouTube Accounts for Fortnite Drops
To link your Epic and YouTube accounts to get YouTube Drops in Fortnite, you’ll need to follow the steps below.
- Sign in to YouTube on a desktop browser with your chosen account login details.
- Click on your avatar in the top-right corner of the screen and select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Select ‘Connected Accounts’ on the left sidebar.
- Click ‘Connect’ next to the Epic Games option on this screen.
- When you’re redirected Epic Games login screen, enter your Epic Games Account login details and click ‘Allow’ on the next page.
After following these steps, you should get a little pop-up window from YouTube notifying you that your Epic Games account is now connected.
How to Get YouTube Drops in Fortnite
To get YouTube Drops in Fortnite, after linking your two accounts together, you’ll then need to tune into the official Fortnite YouTube channel (here) and watch any of the following events for at least 20 minutes.
- 7/25 – Game Jam Hollywood premiere.
- 7/26 – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 1 live broadcast.
- 7/27 – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 2 live broadcast.
- 7/28 – Fortnite World Cup Finals Day 3 live broadcast.
The first two days will reward players with the Game Jam Spray. The World Cup Finals Day 2 live broadcast will net you the World Cup Spray, with the third and final day of the event offering up the World Cup Spray and the Red Line Wrap for those who tune in for 20 minutes or more.
That’s everything you need to know about how to link your Epic and YouTube accounts for YouTube Drops in Fortnite. For more tips, tricks, and guides on the game’s current season, be sure to check out our ever-expanding Season 9 wiki here.