How to Cure Disease in Outward
Outward is a survival RPG in which you have to do more than simply run around the open world completing quests. There are weapons to craft, enemies to fight, and environmental dangers to be wary of. Your character can get sick in the game too. Here’s everything you need to know about how to cure disease in Outward.
You pick up diseases in the game by doing things like staying out in the cold for too long, being injured by certain animals, or drinking contaminated water. All the different effects, which can be things like losing a certain amount of health per minute, are permanent, but it is quite simple to cure yourself.
You cure disease in Outward by consuming potions/drinks that are intended for certain ailments. The list of diseases and the cure is down below.
- Common Cold/Acute Cold – Reduces stamina by 15/30% and is cured by a Soothing Tea.
- Infection/Acute Infection/Extreme Infection – Sees you lose 3, 7, and 10% of your health respectively per minute. Cured by Bitter Spicy Tea.
- Indigestion/Acute Indigestion – Chance of vomiting when eating in Outward, losing effect of food. Cure disease with Mineral Tea.
- Life Drain – A disease contracted during the game’s final story quest. Reduces your max health by 30, 60, and 90% in each of its three stages. There is no cure.
Each of the three types of tea that are used to cure disease in Outward have their other uses, such as quenching thirst and restoring mana, and while you’ll often be able to buy them or come across them as you explore, they can be crafted at cooking pots. Here are the crafting recipes.
- Soothing Tea – Clean Water and Seaweed
- Bitter Spicy Tea – Clean Water and Ochre Spice Beetle
- Mineral Tea – Clean Water and Gravel Beetle
That’s everything you need to know about how to cure disease in Outward. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.