Patch 9.4 for League of Legends is just about to ship, and Riot has nerfed several champions that we’ve seen for months in competitive play.
Patch 9.3 left a lot of players wondering how so many of these champions flew under the radar, but Riot seems to have finally hit them all at once. Here’s a quick summary of these nerfs:
• Base damage and single-target damage of Q nerfed
• Mana cost and base damage of W nerfed
• Mana cost and cooldown of Q nerfed
• Mana cost of Q nerfed
• Mana cost and shield strength of W nerfed
• Base attack damage nerfed
• Critical strike multiplier of Q nerfed
Along with these nerfs, Rek’Sai and Zed and receiving buffs while Sylas is going through a mix of changes. Rek’Sai and Zed have been absent from competitive play for months, and both have sub-50% win rates according to Champion.gg.
Another big change coming in this patch will be to Conqueror. This Keystone Rune now reads as follows:
“Damaging attacks and abilities grant 3–15 adaptive force (levels 1-18) for 3 seconds (8 seconds for melee), stacking up to 5 times to a max of 15–75. At 5 stacks, 10% of your damage against champions is converted to true damage and you heal for that amount.”
Several bug fixes are also being made in 9.4, notably these:
- Rengar’s Q now does 30 damage at level 1 as intended (previously did 70, which is a major head-scratcher).
- Kalista can no longer cast E when she has insufficient mana.
- Chargeable abilities (Varus Q, Xerath Q, Pyke Q, etc.) no longer bug out and turn invisible while being charged.
Finally, there will be a few new Papercraft skins available starting on this patch, shown in the official highlights video:
Despite Riot releasing a teaser for their reworks, Kayle and Morgana are both left out of these patch notes. Patch 9.4 will be live on the North American servers in a little over two hours from the publish time of this post.