How to Download the Latest Patch in Madden 19
Madden 19 is the latest installment in the annual Madden franchise. Every year Madden is released and keeps player satiated throughout the football season. Through modes like Ultimate Team, Be a Pro, and Play Now, players keep coming back for more. EA also does a great job of updating rosters and providing support for the Ultimate Team Mode. How do players make sure they are up to date with the latest Madden patches though? Well, don’t worry because we have the answer for you right below.
Most consoles will automatically download the patch if you are connected to the internet and your console is turned on. If for some reason the game has not updated even though you are connected to the internet, then you will have to update it manually.
In order to do this on Xbox, players must press the Xbox button on their controller, select System Settings, scroll down to Updates and Downloads, and allow that to run. This will ensure not only that Madden is updated but all of your other games and applications as well.
For PlayStation users, simply scroll to the Madden image on your home screen, click the Options button and scroll down to Information. From there you can select Check for Updates and it will update if there is a patch available.
The latest patch notes for Madden 19 can be found below.
- Addressed an issue with mouse selection not functioning throughout the Customize Your Season flow after continuing from a Play Now game
- Fixed an issue that allowed users to get players in unrealistic alignments via audibles that was being used as an exploit
- Increased the Passing Accuracy and Throw Power penalties when wildly dropping back, very far behind the line of scrimmage, and throwing across the QB’s body
- Improved kickoff trajectory to avoid kickoffs that are difficult for the returner to successfully catch or recover in a reasonable amount of time
- Removed any chance at a kick block if the Jump Snap mechanic on defense is mistimed to be early on Competitive and Simulation Game Styles (this will prevent defensive users from spamming the button until the snap)
- Added new logic for Cover 4 Quarters to better handle vertical routes from Trips formations when the #3 receiver (closest receiver to line of scrimmage) is in a detached alignment
- Added coverage logic for the Deep Half Safety in Cover 6 to prevent him from matching vertical routes being run by inside receivers
- Adjusted coverage logic for Seam Flat defenders in Cover 3 Match so that they properly match wheel routes that are run by a receiver aligned in a slot position
- Fixed an issue causing a TE in a wing or fullback position on certain HB Toss plays to target defenders on the backside of the formation
Madden Ultimate Team
- The previous Huddle tab will be renamed “Competitive” and taken over with Madden Championship Series content, including the streaming schedule and the Gameday Program, which has competitive-themed offers, like unique Club Championship uniforms and competitor coaches.
And that’s how you can download the latest patch in Madden 19. For more tips, tricks, and guides be sure to check out Twinfinite.
Question: How do you download the latest patch in Madden 19?
Answer: On Xbox One, select System Settings, scroll down to Updates and Downloads, and allow that to run. On PS4, hit the Options button on the application itself, and check for an update.