How to Get Marsupial Mutation in Fallout 76
Fallout 76 may be different, but one thing players will recognize is the mutation system. This time around, instead of leveling up to gain these buffs, you will need to expose your character to large amounts of radiation. Here’s what you need to know about the marsupial mutation in Fallout 76.
Players will build up radiation by idling near toxic waste, eating contaminated food, drinking wasteland water, or even from enemies like Feral Ghouls.
The only downside is that mutations are given out at random so there is no way to ensure you will get the Marsupial mutation, but it’s worth a shot.
The Marsupial mutation is an interesting one because it increases your carrying capacity by 20, increases your jump height, but decreases your intelligence by 4.
If you get this mutation and want to make sure you keep it permanently, there are a couple of things you must do to ensure that.
- Upgrade the Starched Genes Perk to Rank 2, ensuring that Radaway will not cure mutations.
- Upgrading the Starched Genes Perk to Rank 2, ensuring that no new mutations can be acquired, guaranteeing you can keep the Marsupial mutation.
Once this is done, you are safe from losing the mutations you like so feel free to explore around the world and exposing yourself to radiation. After that, you’re all set to build your character around their quirky new mutations, like the marsupial one!
For more tips, tricks, and guides e sure to check out our Fallout 76 Wiki. You can find some more helpful guides like the ones down below.
- How Big the Map Is & How Long it Takes to Walk Across
- How to Get Pure Flux (Cobalt, Crimson, Fluorescent, Violet, Yellowcake)
- How to Get Fusion Cores & What They Do
- How to Get Mutations & What They Do
Question: How do you get the marsupial mutation in Fallout 76?
Answer: It’s totally random, but the one surefire way to get any mutation is by gathering up enough radiation. Afterwards, there are certain steps you can take to keep them.