During the Kinda Funny Games Showcase today, Mike Bithell announced that his text-based adventure game, Quarantine Circular, is now out on the Nintendo Switch.
Mike Bithell is mostly known for his work on Thomas is Alone and Volume, two games that he developed all by himself as a one-man team.
Here is a quick synopsis of the game and key features via its Steam page:
“First, do no harm. From the award-winning team behind Thomas Was Alone and Subsurface Circular comes another experimental short, the next mutation in text-based adventure. In the middle of a world-ending pandemic, a group of scientists discover the galaxy has been watching.
- A one-sitting game for adults in search of a polished new world to discover.
- Developed by the award-winning team behind Thomas Was Alone and Subsurface Circular.
- Social dynamics and greater choice enhance this twist on classic text-based adventures.
- Responsive soundtrack by Dan Le Sac.
- Art Gallery showcasing the development of this new story.
- Unlockable ‘Mr. Commentary’, our next generation take on a developer’s commentary.”
Quarantine Circular first released on PC earlier this year in May. Make sure to check out the Nintendo Switch eShop later today to check out this dynamic, narrative-driven adventure game.