How to Gift Skins in Fortnite
Update: Epic Games has today confirmed that gifting has arrived in Fortnite. We’ve updated this guide with the new process to gift skins in Fortnite just below, and left the original post further down.
- To gift skins in Fortnite, you’ll first need to go to the Item Shop and choose an item that you want to purchase. You want to select the “Buy As a Gift” option.
- From here, you’ll then need to select which friend is going to be the lucky recipient of the skin or item that you’re gifting.
- If you want, you can also choose to add a little message to accompany the gift to personalize it.
- Select the ‘Continue’ option, and you’ll have successfully gifted a skin in Fortnite.
It’s worth noting that this is currently only available for one week starting Nov. 27. Epic will then disable gifting, and then look to re-enable it at a later date.
There are also some requirements and restrictions you’ll need to meet before you can gift skins in Fortnite, which are listed down below:
- You must have multi-factor authentication enabled on your Epic Account. We’ve detailed how to do this here.
- You can only gift skins or items to a friend that you’ve been friends with for at least 48 hours on Fortnite, otherwise, you won’t be able to.
- You can only gift three skins or items within any 24-hour period, so don’t be getting too generous now.
In the latest update that has hit the ever-popular Fortnite Battle Royale, some players have noticed a new gifting option has appeared within the game’s menus (it’s hiding on the same page as the refund option within the settings if you’re curious). Here’s how to gift skins and use the gifting feature in Fortnite Battle Royale.
Currently, even though the option has shown up in the game, it doesn’t look like the Fortnite gifting service is up just yet, and so you cannot gift skins to your friends or other players right now. This doesn’t mean that the gifting feature is broken in Fortnite, but likely that Epic Games is still polishing it up and doesn’t want to make it live just yet.
As for how you’ll gift skins in Fortnite, we have a feeling it’ll be an option within the Item Shop once you’ve selected the skin that you’d like to gift. From there, it could be as simple as a button press to gift skins to a friend, rather than buying it for yourself. Of course, this is just us purely speculating right now, but we’ll be sure to update this post with the confirmed process for how to use the gifting system in the game as soon as it goes live.
What you can do in the meantime, however, is head into the settings menu and navigate over to the Account and Content tab. Here, at the bottom, you’ll notice the option “Can Receive Gifts from Others.” If it isn’t already, make sure you’ve got this set to yes, so that when the feature does go live, any of your generous Fortnite friends can give you some new skins.
That’s all you need to know currently about how to gift skins in Fortnite. For more on the game, be sure to check out our wiki.