How to Complete the Trial in Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage of Despair
Voyage of Despair is one of the Zombies maps you’ll get to check out in Black Ops 4. Like the previous Zombies modes in past games in the series, completing the trial is pretty arduous and demanding, but we’re here to help you. Here’s what you need to know about completing the trial in Voyage of Despair.
When you first start the round, you’ll need to activate the Pack-a-Punch machine by heading to the other end of the ship. Collect points by killing zombies, and open up the doors and barricades that take you to the Poop Deck. From here, go get the Sentinel Artifact, which will cause the four Pack-a-Punch pedestals to light up. You’ll need to interact with these as part of the trial in Voyage of Despair.
Pack-a-Punch in Black Ops 4: Voyage of Despair
The pedestals can be found in the following locations:
- Poop Deck
- Engine Room
- Cargo Hold
- Lower Grand Staircase
Once you activate all four pedestals, four random clocks in Voyage of Despair will change time, and you need to track them down. If you’ve found the right clock, a symbol will be activated nearby and you need to make a note of it. There are six clocks on the map that are all part of the Trial, and they can be found at the following locations:
- Mailroom: Near the door that takes you to the Cargo Hold. The symbol is underneath the staircase nearby.
- Captain’s Bridge: Above the steering wheel. The symbol is underneath a desk opposite the clock.
- Grand Staircase: At the very top of the staircase. The symbol can be found by going up the stairs to the right of the clock, at the end of the hallway and above a door.
- 3rd Class Cabins: On the wall near the stairs that lead to the Turbine Room. The symbol is behind some luggage and debris near the stairs.
- Galley: On the wall near the hanging body. The symbol is on the nearby cabinets.
- 1st Class Lounge: On the fireplace. The symbol is on the wall next to the Mystery Box.
Once you’ve made a note of all four elemental symbols and the time on the clocks, go to the captain’s wheel and look for four dials. Every dial has an element attached to it. Adjust the time based on the time you saw on the four clocks with the activated symbols. Once you’ve adjusted the dials properly, you’ll then need to kill elemental zombies near four randomly spawning outlets.
Activating Outlets in Black Ops 4: Voyage of Despair
The outlets can be found at the following locations:
- Top of the Grand Staircase
- Aft Decks
- 3rd Class Cabins
- State Room
- Zeus Statue
Every outlet has a different element attached to it, similar to the dials. You’ll need to kill a zombie catalyst of that same element near the corresponding outlet for it to activate. Once you’ve done that for all four outlets, there will be ritual symbols on the ground where you killed the zombie. You’re almost done with the trial.
Every player has to step on the ritual symbol to activate it, where they’ll be transported to another location to complete a trial. You’ll get a false Sentinel Artifact for each completed trial, and you’ll be rewarded with the real one once you complete all four trials.
And that’s all you need to know about how to complete the trial in Black Ops 4’s Voyage of Despair Zombies mode. Be sure to search for Twinfinite or check our Black Ops 4 wiki guide for more information on the game. If you’re looking for tips to do well in the multiplayer modes and Blackout, we’ve got you covered on that front as well.