How to Get Money (Gold Pieces) Fast in Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Shadow of the Tomb Raider features plenty of interesting weapons, gadgets, and upgrades, all of which can be unlocked as you progress through the game. But just because they are unlocked, doesn’t mean you automatically get them. In order to use these important devices, like the Rope Ascender, you are going to need to purchase them with gold pieces, the game’s money. Here are a few ways to get gold pieces fast in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
The fastest way to earn gold pieces AKA money, like any progression-based feature in the game, is going to be to invest in skills that boost material pickups. These are a few of the following skills you’ll want to purchase first:
- Viper’s Nest – Increase the amount of man-made crafting resources gathered from each source.
- Crow’s Charm – Negotiate better prices from merchants.
- Crow’s Hoard – Large capacity ammunition and resource satchels now available to purchase from merchants.
One of the first ones you’ll want to unlock for getting money and gold pieces fast will be the Viper’s Nest. This skill allows Lara to gather more resources from the man-made material that are necessary for crafting. Those resources, in turn, can be sold to merchants for more Gold Pieces. Use the Crow’s Charm perk in tandem with this to negotiate better prices with those merchants, making more when you sell and spending less when you buy.
To make things even easier on yourself for getting money and gold pieces, invest in skills that will reveal the materials with Lara’s Survival Instincts mode active. Here are a few you’ll want to get and upgrade all of the way:
- Eagle’s Eyesight – Reveal Artifacts, Monoliths, Treasure Chests, Archivist Maps, and Explorer Backpacks while using Survival Instincts.
- Owl’s Vision – Survival Instincts last for a longer period after Lara starts to move. Highlights enemies, resources, and objects in “One With the Jungle” difficulty.
- Eye of the Eagle (Upgraded all the way to III) – Perception Plants allows the sensing of animals and natural resources throughout the environment.
- Boa’s Coil (1 Skill Point) – Automatically loot enemies killed by a Stealth Takedown.
Each one of these perks will make finding the necessary materials you want to sell to merchants that much easier and will allow you to get money and gold pieces faster. Alongside these Seeker skills, Boa’s Coil is also a good one to save you some time, as it will automatically loot any enemies you kill from money and gold pieces in a Stealth Takedown.
Keep in mind that Shadow of the Tomb Raider also has a New Game Plus mode. This mode will let you carry over the money, gold, skills, and weapons you earned in the first playthrough, meaning there is a lot more opportunity to find and multiply gold even earlier.
That is how you find Gold Pieces and get money fast in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. For more tomb raiding tips in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, be sure to check out our ever-expanding wiki.