A brand new trailer from Square Enix showcases new content dropping in Final Fantasy XIV after the launch of the upcoming Patch 4.4 update, titled Prelude in Violet.
Late last week, Final Fantasy XIV celebrated its fifth anniversary with a livestream event. Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida provided new details on this next major content update. Viewers were treated to a first look at one of the bosses from the Omega: Alphascape raid—Chaos. In addition to the raid content, players will also experience the next chapter in the Four Lords quest series, featuring Suzaku.
Beginning Sept. 18, Patch 4.4: Prelude in Violet continues the game’s main quest line, as well as challenging players with the final chapter in the Omega raid series. The full list of new content in-bound is as follows:
- New Main Scenario Quests
- New Sidequests – The Four Lords and Even Further Hildibrand Adventures
- New Dungeons – The Burn and Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum (Hard)
- New Trial – Hells’ Kier (Suzaku)
- New Raid – Omega: Alphascape
- Gathering and Crafting Updates – New Recipes
- Housing Updates – Addition of the Mannequin Indoor Furnishing
- Expansion of The Lost Canals of Uznair – The Treasure Hunting instance
- Battle System and PvP Updates, New Gold Saucer Content, Added Group Pose Functionality, and more
Check out the latest trailer below:
Elsewhere, Square Enix has recently unveiled a new companion app for Final Fantasy XIV that allows players to coordinate and plan events with fellow players, access their inventory to move, sell, and discard items, as well as being able to engage with the game’s market system. Check it out here.