How to Get a Mount in Guild Wars 2 (GW2)
Guild Wars 2 is an expansive MMO with a vast world just waiting to be explored. With adventure waiting at every corner, you’re going to need a reliable way to get around the area. While you can just stick to traveling on foot, you’re probably much better off getting yourself a mount. Hitching yourself a ride guarantees a speed boost and other useful perks, so you won’t have to trudge around from one area to another. That said, here’s where you can get your own mount in Guild Wars 2.
These mounts are different animals you can ride on to get around the map faster. There are a total of six different mounts in Guild Wars 2, each with their own specific requirements on how to get them.
- Raptor – The Raptor is the easiest mount to get in Guild Wars 2, as you will get one upon reaching the Crystal Desert.
- Springer – To unlock this mount, you need to train the Raptor until it unlocks the third mastery skill called Canyon Jumping. Once that’s done, you need to head over to the Springer mount area in Desert Highlands and give 50 Trade Contracts and one gold to Stablemaster Unja.
- Skimmer – This graceful creature is unlocked after unlocking the Raptor’s Canyon Jumping skill. Travel to the Skimmer mount area in Elon Riverlands and give 50 Trade Contracts and four gold to Skimmer Trainer Ardra to unlock it in Guild Wars 2.
- Jackal – To get this mount, you need a Skimmer or Springer and travel around the desert in The Desolation. Once you find Drojkor, Spirit Squall, hand over 200 Trade Contracts and 20 gold for your own Jackal mount in Guild Wars 2.
- Griffon – This is a hidden animal located in the Crystal Desert in Path of Fire. You need to complete the Path of Fire storyline in Guild Wars 2, which starts when you find items such as Strange Droppings, Strange Feathers, and Strange Pellets. These items will lead you to Beastmaster Ghazal in the Garden of Seborhin, starting the quest for this mount.
- Roller Beetle – To get this creature, finish the first two chapters in Episode 3: Long Live the Lich. From there, you can take a quest from Gorrik in Domain of Kourna, eventually leading to the Roller Beetle as a reward.
That about wraps up everything you need to know about getting your own ride in Guild Wars 2. For more tips and tricks, be sure to search Twinfinite.