Best Abilities to Get in Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza Kiwami 2 bring the Dragon of Dojima, Kazuma Kiryu, back for yet another adventure, with some new elements. While the game is a remake of the classic story from Yakuza 2, it features quite a few new elements. Since Yakuza Kiwami 2 is built on the Dragon Engine from Yakuza 6, its combat and ability system are pretty similar as a whole. Still, there’s a ton of different skills and abilities to wade through, and it can be overwhelming to figure out where you should spend your hard earned experience points first. Well, we’re here to give you a few tips on which abilities you should focus on at the start.
Best Abilities in Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Substory Finder – This is probably the first ability you should buy, especially because it’s super cheap. There are 72 substories to play through in Yakuza Kiwami 2, and like with most Yakuza games some of the absolute best moments in the game are in substories. At the same time, you also get experience and rewards for completing substories. The Substory Finder will let you see every substory on your map as a white speech icon, making it much easier to find and complete everything.
- Boost EXP Gain (All Five Levels) – Besides Substory Finder, Boost EXP Gain is going to be the first set of abilities you want to focus on in Yakuza Kiwami 2. The game rewards you with experience for pretty much everything you do, and getting these abilities can help boost that. There’s a ton of abilities and options to choose from, so focusing on getting EXP Gain can help you get all the other abilities you want faster.
- Komaki Breakfall Recovery and Strike – Komaki Breakfall Recovery and Breakfall Strike are two moves that you’ll actually have to unlock first before you can purchase them. Early on in the first couple chapters of Yakuza Kiwami 2, Kiryu will hear something about an acupuncture clinic and then say he should visit it. You can see where the clinic is here, but basically, it’s right next to Aoi. Head there as soon as you hear about it, and talk to the worker. You can pay 5,000 yen to get an acupuncture treatment, which will, in turn, teach Kiryu a new ability that you can spend money on. The first one you’ll learn is the Komaki Brakfall Recovery, which lets you hit X immediately after getting knocked down to quickly get Kiryu back on his feet. This ability significantly helps with the annoyances of getting knocked down and can keep combat flowing.
- Boost Combo Speed – Kazuma Kiryu is already a hulking juggernaut at the start of Yakuza Kiwami 2, but it’s still easy for enemies to interrupt your combos as you’re trying to link together light and heavy attacks. Investing in Boost Combo Speed can help with that, reducing the wait team between your light attacks and the finishing blow. There are two levels to boosting combo speed, and buying both of them can seriously help you keep the flow of combat smooth.
- Boost Heat Actions (All Three Levels) – Heat actions are always a huge part of Yakuza Kiwami 2’s combat system, letting you pull off some insanely violent movies that cause big damage to enemies. However, the Boost Heat Actions abilities can help increase that damage even more. Heat action will be the main use of your Heat Gauge, and there’s a wide array of different moves, so it’s good to get the Boost ability early on to help you in some of the tougher fights and boss battles. By the time you’ve gotten all three levels of Boost Heat Actions, one Heat Action can take away an entire bar of health or more on a boss.
- Club Hustler (All Three Levels) – You’ll need a lot of money in Yakuza Kiwami 2 for purchasing healing items, weapons, and more. There are a few different ways to make money in the game, but by far the easiest is playing the Four Shine Cabaret Club minigame. After gaining some new fans, you can easily net a few hundred thousand yen each time you play, and Club Hustler increases the profits you make while running the club. Investing in these abilities and playing the club a few times can help you never have to worry about money again.
For more tips and tricks on Yakuza Kiwami 2, make sure to search Twinfinite.