The Sims 4’s latest patch is live, in the form of PC 188.8.131.520/Mac 184.108.40.2060, and it brings with it a multitude of bug fixes and improvements that were introduced following the release of the Seasons and June updates. SimGuruGrant took to the official Sims forums to look over the patch notes, which as always include some humor to keep things light and decidedly on-brand for the Sims.
The Sims 4’s base game got a fix for problems where the game would lag when you place wall patters on blocks touching roof, and Sims will no longer route fail when enter a room on foundation level 1 that doesn’t have stairs. Instead, they step up like a “big kid.” Other highlights include the Cats & Dogs update getting a patch where your pets don’t keep filling your Sims’ queue with various interactions. “We want the pets to be friendly, but perhaps not that friendly,” the update states.
You can check out the entirety of the patch notes below to see what’s been changed, and happy Simming!
The Sims 4
- We addressed an issue where the game would lag when placing wall patterns on blocks that were touching roofs.
- The Reset Object cheat is now available to the community again. You could say that we reset it.
- Sims no longer route fail when trying to enter a room on foundation level 1 that doesn’t have a stair. They just step up like a big kid, now.
- Neat Sims are no longer uncomfortable when near a fire place that has assorted upgrades.
- The lid for the GrillWise by GrillMania has been returned.
Get to Work
- The Lice Cold Retail Freezer can now hold harvestables for you to sell.
Cats & Dogs
- Cats and dogs should no longer fill your Sims’ queue with interactions. We want the pets to be friendly, but perhaps not that friendly.
- Emotion berries now provide emotions again, which is a berry good thing.
- Thermostats now have their interactions available when placed on Commercial and Vacation lots.
- You can no longer use the Woo interaction with Bee Swarms to, *cough* woohoo with a relative.
- Patchy the Scarecrow will no longer change into a human.
- We addressed an issue where roof decorations on some lots didn’t look appropriate for the Mac.