Everything You Need to Know About Jewelry Crafting in ESO Summerset
Elder Scrolls Online’s (ESO) Summerset expansion has arrived, and alongside opening up the High Elves’ home to players for the first time, rounding off the story that started in the base game, and packing in a 12-player trial known as Cloudrest, there’s also a neat little addition in the form of jewelry crafting. To give you a helping hand getting your head around why you’d want to do this, how you can do this, and what kinds of things you need, we’ve put together this handy guide so you’ve got all your answers in one place.
What’s the Point of Jewelry Crafting in ESO Summerset?
Jewelry crafting is exactly what it sounds like. It gives players the ability to craft necklaces and rings, as well as upgrade any existing ones they may already have.
Of course, just like any of the other bits and pieces you can craft in Elder Scrolls Online, jewelry crafting also includes things such as being able to deconstruct jewelry in order to get component materials, upgrading existing pieces to improve their powers, and research traits to unlock the ability to craft items with specific traits. All of this is essentially to give you the opportunity to refine your character and finetune them a little bit more to the way you want them to play.
Where to Go for Jewelry Crafting in Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
First and foremost, it’s important to note that if you don’t have the Summerset expansion, you won’t have access to this feature, regardless of where you go in the game. If you do have the expansion, though, you’ll be able to try your hand at this by heading to any of the towns or cities that previously had other crafting stations (weapon, armor etc.). You should now find a Jewelry Crafting Station, and it’s these that you’ll want to interact with to gain access to this new feature in Summerset.
You can actually also purchase these same stations and place them in your homes in Elder Scrolls Online from Master Writ Merchants, but again you’ll only be able to use them if you have the expansion itself.
What Jewelry Crafting Skills Are There?
There are five different jewelry crafting skills you can acquire and level up in Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset, and we’ve listed them all out for you down below.
- Rank 1 – Allows the use of Pewter Ounces.
- Rank 2 – Allows the use of Copper Ounces.
- Rank 3 – Allows the use of Silver Ounces.
- Rank 4 – Allows the use of Electrum Ounces.
- Rank 5 – Allows the use of Platinum Ounces.
- Keen Eye: Jewelry
- Rank 1 – Jewelry Seams in the world will be easier to see when you are 20 meters or closer.
- Rank 2 – Same as rank 1, except 30 meters or closer.
- Rank 3 – Same as rank 1, except 40 meters or closer.
- Jewelry Extraction
- Rank 1 – Improves the chance of extracting Jewelry Crafting ingredients and allows the refining of more powerful Platings from raw material.
- Rank 2 – Further improves rank 1’s perks.
- Rank 3 – Greatly improves the chances of extracting Jewelry Crafting ingredient and allows the refining of more powerful Platings from raw materials.
- Lapidary Research
- Rank 1 – Reduces research time by 5%
- Rank 2 – Reduces it by 10%
- Rank 3 – Reduces by 20%
- Rank 4 – Reduces by 25%, and limits research time to 30 days.
- Platings Expertise
- Rank 1 – Increases chance of improving items with Platings.
- Rank 2 – Increases chance of improving items with resins.
- Rank 3 – More than doubles the chances of improving items with Platings.
And there you have just about everything you need to know regarding the jewelry crafting in Elder Scrolls Online’s Summerset expansion. For more on ESO and its new content, be sure to search for Twinfinite.