This weekend, the forth and final stage of the Overwatch League came to an end with Los Angeles Valiant coming out on top as the Stage Four Champions.
While there are 12 teams in the League overall, only the top six can progress into the playoffs to have a chance at becoming the Season One winners with a prize pool of $ 1 million. The playoffs run from July 11-21, and teams standings are determined by a team’s overall match win or loss record in combination with the ties broken by each overall round.
While Los Angeles Valiant did win the Stage Four Championship, they are still only second in the overall standings at this point in time. The official top six teams going to playoff in order of team standing score are:
- New York Excelsior, 34 wins/6 losses/+83 map differential.
- Los Angeles Valiant, 27 wins/13 losses/+36 map differential.
- Boston Uprising, 26 wins/14 losses/+28 map differential.
- Los Angeles Gladiators, 25 wins/15 losses/+24 map differential.
- London Spitfire, 24 wins/16 losses/+33 map differential.
- Philadelphia Fusion, 24 wins/16 losses/+13 map differential.
The teams now out of Season One of the Overwatch League include Houston Outlaws, Seoul Dynasty, San Fransisco Shock, Dallas Fuel, Florida Mayhem, and Shanghai Dragons who unfortunately did not win a single match the entire season.
After the playoffs, the Overwatch League Grand Finals will be head on July 27 and 28 at the Barclays Center in New York where only two teams will battle it out in in best-of-five matches with the first team winning two being crowned the Season One Champions.