Stoic Studio and Versus Evil have announced a release date for The Banner Saga 2 on Nintendo Switch, which will hit the system next month on June 7. The release follows the first Banner Saga, which released on Switch earlier this month on May 17.
The Banner Saga 2 picks up right where the first game left off, and will lead into the third and final game set to release in July. Here’s an overview of the game’s key features.
- The epic Viking saga continues on – beautifully 2D hand drawn combat sequences and animations are further enhanced with special effects, once again accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory.
- Player choice that continues to drive your narrative – your story continues based on choices made in the first game as well as hard choices you have to make in this one.
- New Characters and a New Race – continue your epic journey interacting with new characters and a new race, the Horseborn.
- Improved Strategic combat with consequences – improved, more strategic battle boards enhance combat and permanent loss of characters will still weigh heavy on your mind long after the battle is over.
- The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
The final game in the trilogy, The Banner Saga 3, will launch on July 24 for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. Take a look at the original launch trailer for The Banner Saga 2 down below.