Square Enix has today unveiled a substantial new story trailer for its upcoming expansion to Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood, Under the Moonlight. The near four-minute trailer teases its main story quests as well as showcasing a glimpse of the new 100-floor Heaven-on-High dungeon. The content is to launch on May 22.
You can check out the latest trailer below:
Under the Moonlight introduces the next chapter of the Ivalice 24-man raid series alongside new quests and a new dungeon. Patch 4.3 will release as a series of updates that will add several new features to the game. We’ve noted the key takeaways below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The Stormblood storyline continues in the far-eastern land of Doma.
- New Sidequests
- New 24-man Alliance Raid – The second chapter of the popular Return to Ivalice series takes players to the Ridorana Lighthouse.
- New Trial and Dungeon
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Namazu – A new series focused on quests for the Disciples of the Hand and Land.
- New Ultimate Difficulty Raid (Patch 4.31) – Players seeking the greatest challenges may test their skills against this new incarnation of Ultima Weapon.
- New Deep Dungeon: Heaven-on-High (Patch 4.35) – Explore the 100-floor tower within the Ruby Sea.
- The Next Installment of The Forbidden Land, Eureka – The Pagos Expedition (Patch 4.36)
- Cross-world Linkshells – A new linkshell chat system will allow players to communicate across servers within their data center with ease.
- Updates to jobs, PvP, glamour system, housing, performance actions, new powerful gear and more.
Final Fantasy XIV and its Stormblood expansion is available on PC and PS4. You can find out more details on the nature of latest patch’s story on Square Enix’s website.