How to Fix Update Stuck on Initializing Error When Downloading Destiny 2 Warmind
The latest expansion for Destiny 2 Warmind is out in the wild, and hundreds of thousands of players – if not millions – will be eagerly downloading the latest content as quickly as it’s available. For most users, that process should be fairly straightforward, but others will experience the notorious stuck on initializing error when attempting to download content via the Blizzard Launcher. The issue often rears its ugly head during new content launches and update patches, so if you’ve encountered it this time around, here are a few fixes that should help:
How to Fix Update Stuck on Initializing Error in Destiny 2 Warmind
- Run the Blizzard App with the Run as Administrator option.
- Delete these Blizzard App files here and here.
- Run the computer in a selective startup mode.
- Power cycle the network equipment and flush the DNS.
- Run a full scan of the computer with a security program.
- Security programs can cause this to occur. Temporarily disable any security program.
- Go to your task manager and end the battle net updater. Let the updater restart and try again.
That’s all the information we have for how to fix the update stuck on initializing error when downloading new content such as Warmind and Destiny 2’s latest patch. For more useful tips and guides on the game, check out Twinfinite’s substantial wiki page.