Red Hook Studios has just announced that Darkest Dungeon will be getting a brand new expansion on June 19, titled The Color of Madness. The game already has a store page on Steam, and it’s priced at $4.99. Here’s what you can expect from the new expansion:
- Wave-Based Survival in a New Environment: The Farmstead!
- Nonstop action! Fight through endless groups of monsters in an effort to reach the comet’s crash site.
- Get lost in Time and Space! Some waves will bring you face-to-face with foes from the other core regions of the Estate. (Courtyard and Darkest Dungeon will keep to themselves!)
- Track your highest kill count, compare with friends and enemies alike!
- Three new repeatable quests: a novice introduction, a veteran boss-kill, and an endless darkest-level wave-based combat experience.
- Bolster your party with consumables obtained from mysterious new curios between waves of combat.
- An All-New Enemy Faction
- The Miller and his loyal workmen have become lifeless husks, consumed by the ever-growing crystalline influence that has spread from the comet across the farm…
- 2 New Bosses
- The Miller
- Thing From the Stars (mini-boss)
- Twisted New Trinkets
- Available for purchase from the Jeweler, a new vendor in the Nomad Wagon. Put your gold away—he trades only in Comet Shards!
- New tunes!
- The Farmstead boasts the longest, most involved combat score to date!
- And a bunch of other…maddening…stuff we’re not ready to share!
Red Hook also mentioned that they’re working on bringing the expansion to consoles, but there’s no release window on that just yet.