Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has officially taken over publishing duties for Hitman, after Square Enix split with developer IO Interactive last year. The two companies have announced a worldwide distribution deal, along with the release of a Hitman: Definitive Edition as part of said deal. Hitman: Definitive Edition will launch on May 18 for PS4 and Xbox One.
The Definitive Edition will bundle together all of the previous content for the game, and include a few new surprises as well. Of course, not all content will automatically be loaded on the disc, and some will require a download. Here’s everything you can expect in the package.
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- Hitman Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- Hitman Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year digital release
- Hitman Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- Hitman: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from Hitman Season One and the Hitman Game of the Year Edition
At this point it remains to be seen if IO’s deal with Warner Bros. will lead to anything more than the Definitive Edition. Did you play through all of Hitman’s content as it released, or are you thinking about jumping in with the Definitive Edition? Let us know in the comments below.