How to Refund Skins in Fortnite Battle Royale
Fortnite Battle Royale’s 3.6 update has just landed and, alongside sticky grenades and the usual dose of fixes, also introduced the ability for players to refund skins they no longer want in exchange for V-Bucks. It’s a neat idea that allows players to keep on buying their favorite newer skins for less. As such, chances are you’re probably wondering exactly what you need to do to refund skins in the game.
In order to refund skins in Fortnite Battle Royale, you’ll need to dig into the settings a bit. Epic has changed the location of the Refund Skins option in Fortnite, so here’s where you need to go. Press the Menu button on your Xbox One controller or Options on PS4 to open the menu from the lobby screen. Here, you’ll want to select the little Cog at the top of the right-hand column to enter the settings. Now, use RB/ R1 to move over to the last tab named Account And Content. Here, you should see under ‘Unintentional Purchases’ the option to Submit a Request. Clicking on this button will begin the process to refund skins and other cosmetics in Fortnite.
Of course, there are some limitations, rules, and regulations that limit what can and cannot be returned. We’ve listed everything you need to know down below.
Fortnite Battle Royale’s Cosmetics Return Policy
- You can return up to 3 cosmetic purchases for V-Bucks – in a lifetime.
- Once you’ve returned 3 cosmetic items, you will not be eligible for any more refunds.
- You can only refund purchases within 30 days.
- If the item you’ve refunded isn’t in the Item Shop, then you’ll need to wait for it to reappear before you can purchase it again.
- You will find the Self-Service Cosmetic Returns process in the “Purchase History” section of the Item Shop.
What can be returned? – How to Return Skins & Cosmetics in Fortnite Battle Royale
- Harvesting Tools
- Back Bling
What cannot be returned? – How to Return Skins & Cosmetics in Fortnite Battle Royale
- Battle Pass
- Battle Pass Tiers
- Starter Pack
- Founder’s Pack
- Founder’s Pack Upgrades
- Loot Llamas (Save the World)
- Event and Weekly items (Save the World)
And that’s all you need to know to return skins in Fortnite Battle Royale as part of its self-service return program. For more on the game, be sure to check out our ever-expanding wiki.