What You Need to Know About Fortnite Battle Royale’s First Shot Accuracy Update
Patch 3.4 has arrived for Fortnite Battle Royale, adding in the awesome vending machines, an explosives game mode, and a few tweaks to the first shot accuracy, too. There’re quite a few key changes to the first shot accuracy in this update, so we’ll quickly run you through everything you need to know.
First things first, there are now a bunch of weapons that have 100% first shot accuracy that previously didn’t. 100% shot accuracy basically means that as long as you line up your reticle with the enemy, you’re not moving and the weapon hasn’t recently been fired, you’ll hit your target. You’ll be able to tell you’ve got this first shot accuracy in Fortnite by how closed in your reticle is, so always check this before firing if you’re unsure.
First Shot Accuracy Weapons
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Tactical Submachine Gun
- Suppressed Pistol
- Hand Cannon
- Assault Rifle
- Burst Assault Rifle
Because some of these weapons have now received the first shot accuracy ‘perk,’ so to speak, they have been somewhat nerfed elsewhere. Fall-off and damage at set distances have been dropped, too. We’ve listed all of these details below:
- Suppressed Submachine Gun and Tactical Submachine Gun
- Fall-off begins at 24 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 35 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 50 meters.
- Pistol and Suppressed Pistol
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters.
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters.
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Revolver and Hand Cannon
- Fall-off begins at 35 meters.
- Damage reduced to 70% at 60 meters.
- Damage reduced to 40% at 85 meters.
- Assault Rifle and Burst Assault Rifle
- Fall-off begins at 50 meters.
- Damage reduced to 80% at 75 meters.
- Damage reduced to 65% at 100 meters.
Last but certainly not least is the headshot damage multiplier on these weapons. While you used to net 2.5x damage multiplier while landing headshots with these weapons, all listed above will now only dish out a 2x multiplier instead. It may not seem like a whole lot, but all that damage will add up.
That’s about everything you need to know regarding the update to first shot accuracy in Fortnite Battle Royale’s 3.4 update.
For more on Fortnite Battle Royale, be sure to check out our ever-expanding wiki.