Developed by Chinese developer Pixpil, Eastward is a brand new RPG that’s slated to release on PC, and will be published by Chucklefish. You can check out the announcement trailer down below.
Eastward’s official website is already up, and here are the key features you can expect from the game:
- Single player, dual character adventure RPG with puzzle-solving and dungeon elements
- Join John and Sam in their emotional journey across a world falling to ruin
- Meet a quirky cast of characters, encounter strange monsters and distant cities
- Beautifully rich pixel art, created using a combination of modern 3D lighting and
retro-pixel style artwork
- Soundtrack composed by Joel Corelitz (Hohokum, The Unfinished Swan, The Tomorrow Children, Gorogoa), with sound design from Irish studio, Hyperduck Soundworks
The game’s only just been announced, so there’s no word on when exactly it’ll be released just yet. All we know so far is that the game will be coming to PC and Mac devices, and no other console releases have been confirmed.
We’ll keep you updated as more info on Eastward comes our way.