It’s only been a couple months since the holidays ended. What’s that, you say? You want to spend more money? Steam’s about to grant your wish. The Steam Lunar Sale is now live, with a cavalcade of pretty decent games to buy if you’ve recovered from the Steam Winter Sale. The Lunar New Year sale didn’t happen last year, and it’s not the huge sale that we’re typically used to.
There are thousands of games discounted, but there’s only a few highlights that I see so far. The Steam Lunar New Year sale only lasts until February 19, so you don’t have quite as long to deliberate on what you want to get though. We’ve gathered a few that have caught our eye below.
- Cities Skylines – 75% – $7.49
- Dark Souls 3 – 75% – $14.99
- Grand Theft Auto V – 50% – $29.99
- Left 4 Dead 2 – 90% – $1.99
- Planet Coaster – 75% – $11.24
- Slime Rancher – 33% – $13.39
- The Sims 3 Franchise – 75% – $4.99
- The War of Mine: Anniversary Edition – 70% – $5.99
- The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition – 60% – $19.99
- Undertale – 50% – $4.99
- Watch Dogs 2 – 66% – $20.39
Steam sales used to introduce new titles on sale as the days passed, but now everything goes on sale at the same time. If you don’t see anything you like now, you don’t have to keep checking back. While that’s convenient, I kind of miss the surprise of checking the Steam page each day during a sale and seeing what new goodies are available.
All-in-all, this is a decent sale, but we’ll likely see greater saving in the summer sale. It’s worth taking a look at though and you have from now until February 19 to check out the Steam Lunar New Year Sale.