Is Brigitte Support, Tank, Defense, or Offense in Overwatch
Brigitte has finally been officially revealed after lots of teasing by Blizzard. If you’re here, you’re probably wondering whether or not she is a support, tank, defense or offensive hero. It’s easy to see why some might be confused. She has the appearance of a tank, but abilities that are reminiscent of a support or defense hero in Overwatch.
She is, however, a support class in Overwatch, as highlighted on her official page. Here is a full list of all her abilities and intended playstyle courtesy of Blizzard:
“Brigitte specializes in armor and defense. She can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns an enemy at range. When entering the fray, Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies.
Her abilities in Overwatch include:
- Rocket Flail – Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack – Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot – Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield – Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash – Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, she can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Inspire – When Brigitte hits enemies with her flail, she also heals nearby allies over time.
- Rally – Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.”
That does it for whether Ms. Lindholm is a support, tank, defense or offense class in Overwatch. For more guides and quick FAQs answered, be sure to search Twinfinite.