All JRPGs in 2018 Q1
2017 saw a resurgence in quality JRPG titles, from nostalgia-fueled hits to exceptional AAA productions. This looks set to continue in 2018 with several awesome titles already confirmed for the year and plenty others that we’re expecting to launch soon after. Best of all, JRPG fans don’t have long to wait before the first in a deluge of tantalizing new adventures arrives across multiple different platforms. Quarter one is already shaping up to be a busy one, seeing the release of all-new IPs, generation debuts for a well-established franchise, anticipated sequels, and the launch of a game based on a hugely popular anime license.
The big headlines for the first few months of 2018 are Monster Hunter World and Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom. Monster Hunter World’s arrival on a current generation home console marks what could very well be its coming of age in a global sense, and JRPG fans have been eagerly anticipating the follow up to the anime-like Ni No Kuni for years. Beyond those two heavy hitters, though, there are some smaller gems in between that mean it’s going to make playing every JRPG in Q1 a huge challenge, even for the most dedicated of players.
You can check out a list of all confirmed JRPGs for 2018 below and which platform each is available on, starting with the year’s Q1:
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory (1/19)
- Lost Sphear – PS4, PC, Switch (1/23)
- Monster Hunter World – PS4, Xbox One (1/26)
- Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology – 3DS (2/13)
- Secret of Mana – PS4, PS Vita, Steam (2/13)
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (2/23)
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life – PS4 (3/20)
- Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom – PS4, PC – (3/23)
- Atelier Lydie and Soeur – PS4, PS Vita, Switch (3/27)