HOW TO GET KEYS IN THE ESCAPIST 2 ON NINTENDO SWITCH
Given that you’re a prison inmate in The Escapists 2, it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that doors to important areas are typically locked. If you’re wanting to access specific areas, you’re going to need a key. Different areas require different types of keys, but to get any of them, you’re going to have to steal them. Most of the time, a guards pocket is going to be your go-to method most of the time.
To steal one in Escapists 2, knock out the guard, try using either a Cup of Molten Chocolate or Makeshift Stungun and then quickly pinch his key. These weapons are capable of one-shotting the guards for a quick and easy steal. Once you have the key, you’ll need to copy it using a Wad of Putty. This is because if a guard discovers his key has been taken, you’re in big trouble and will be taking a trip to solitary. This applies to any keys stolen from desks in Escapists 2, too. Always copy the key. To do so, combine the key with the putty to make the mold, then the key mold with plastic mold to make a new plastic key.
The list of different keys in Escapists 2 is as follows:
- Yellow – Cell Key – can open the cell and entrance which would normally be locked.
- Orange – Utility Key – can open utility areas, which usually leads to ladders to the roof or ventilation shafts.
- Purple – Entrance Key – can open the cell and entrance which would normally be locked.
- Red – Staff Key – opens areas prisoners cannot access, such as the generator.
- Green – Work Key – These keys can open work rooms, such as the janitor room (if you the associated job, you can access these areas without)
That’s everything you need to know about keys in The Escapists 2 on Nintendo Switch. For more information on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.