Epic Games latest patch for Fortnite Battle Royale is now live on servers, making changes to the balance of gameplay, as well as introducing an all-new leaderboard.
The most notable addition to gameplay is that of the non-lethal smoke grenade, which is “thrown like a frag but obscures vision with a white smoke instead of splodin’ other players.” The grenade can be found in all chests or will spawn randomly on the floor.
Due to overwhelming demand, the development team has also tweaked the standard Rocket Launcher to allow for Rocket Riding — the ability to ride fired rockets across the map, previously only possible on the Pumpkin Launcher. The Pumpkin Launcher has now been removed from Fortnite Battle Royale.
There are now leaderboards for individual matches, listing the top 50 players by their number of kills. Additionally, Fortnite Battle Royale now supports the Xbox One X, adding sharper textures, better reflections, and 4k support.
The full list of Patch V.1.9.1 notes are listed below:
Per Playlist Loot
- Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to14.
- Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
- These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.
- The original Rocket Launcher has replaced the Pumpkin Launcher.
- Due to overwhelming popular demand, we have modified the normal Rocket Launcher to support rocket riding.
- The “Outlive” Daily Challenge will no longer count members of your own team.
- Players no longer take fall damage when jumping onto a Launch Pad from high elevations.
- Fixed an issue which caused the incorrect animation to play when bouncing on consecutive Launch Pads.
- Fixed the firing and reloading animations for the new Silenced SMG.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to take fall damage when getting knocked out of skydive mode (after using a Launch Pad).
- Fixed an incorrect animation that would play when being eliminated while using a Launch Pad.
- Players will now receive a pop-up confirmation before leaving a match if they accept an invite from a teammate that left the same match.
- Updated “Gamepad” to “Wireless Controller” and “Controller” in the menus.
- Daily challenges no longer automatically collect when accepting an invite.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed a few localization issues in the Season Shop.
- Rich presence is now properly localized in all languages on all platforms.
- Changing an item in your locker while servers are down will no longer soft-lock the game client.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from navigating the locker tab after they canceled a submenu.
- Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
- Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.
- Reduced hitching by pre-loading additional assets during the loading screen instead of mid-game.
- The “Invite” button on the “Party Finder” may only be pressed once per 2 seconds to prevent accidental friend invite spam.