HOW TO TRADE GAMES ON STEAM
It can be difficult to keep up with the growth of your Steam library and you may want to trade games with friends. While that is possible, there are some limitations.
Only games that have been granted as extra copies and Steam items can be traded through Steam, meaning that you cannot trade used games. You can only trade when you have friends on your friends list and are connected to them, or have people to trade with in a Group Chat. To trade games that are allowed to be traded on Steam, you should:
- Head to your friends list and click on the small arrow next to the friend you want to trade with and press ‘invite to trade’.
- Next, once your friend has accepted the invitation, a window will appear showing all your games that are eligible for trading.
- Then, click and drag the game or item you wish to trade into the trade window.
- Click on ‘Ready to Trade’ and wait for the other party to do so.
- Once you’ve double checked that everything is okay, click on ‘Make Trade’. The trade will be final and cannot be undone.
- Once completed, a new window will appear showing the items you have received in the trade.
- Head to the game in your Inventory and click on “Unpack Gift” to add it to your game library.
That is how you trade games on Steam. For help with anything else, be sure to stick with us at Twinfinite.