Is Rime PS4 Pro Compatible?
Tequila Works’ Rime is finally out and takes players on an adventure around a mysterious island. Put into the shoes of a young boy shipwrecked on the island, players will need to explore their sun-soaked surroundings, solving puzzles as they go. With Sony’s PS4 Pro having now been out on the market for over half a year now, some players may be wondering if the game is compatible with the supercharged, 4K-capable system.
Well, the good news is that yes, Rime is PS4 Pro compatible. In an interview with WCCFTech, lead programmer Carlos Vázquez listed the following improvements had been made when Rime is running on the PS4 Pro.
- Much better quality of the shadows.
- Temporal antialiasing has better quality, obtaining more definition and quality in the AA filter.
- The LODs’ distance has been tweaked to increase the visual quality of fauna and flora during the time they are rendered.
- More definition in the texture filter.
- The VFX, shaders, materials and translucency has better quality too so we can have, for example, more realistic metals, better screen space reflections and better detail level in general.
Vázquez also noted that Rime would run at a higher framerate on the PS4 Pro. While the Xbox One and PS4 versions run at a minimum of 30fps, Vázquez said “On PS4 Pro we have achieved an even better frame rate, with an increase that ranges between 5 and 10fps depending on the game’s area.
As such, Pro owners should notice a difference when playing Rime, though, it’s not quite the 4K resolution that some fans may have been hoping for.
That’s all you need to know about Rime’s PS4 Pro compatibility. For more on the game, including tips, tricks, and handy guides, be sure to check back with Twinfinite.