Today, Konami has released a new update for its Nintendo Switch launch game, Super Bomberman R.
Konami shared the news, including the full patch notes, over on its official website. The most notable new addition to Super Bomberman R in update 1.3 comes in the form of four new VS stages to the game’s shop. On top of that, there are also two new accessories for players to pick up in the form of crowns and bombs. These items can be purchased with gems that are acquired through playing Super Bomberman R.
Aside from that, Super Bomberman R’s update mainly focuses on balancing issues and optimization. You can check out the full patch notes below.
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.
- Less lag is likelier to occur when every participant in the Online Battle has a good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with a good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)
- Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of the map in the Story Mode. Other > Basic Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.
- Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying any more gems.
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.
- Fixed other various small bugs.
Super Bomberman R’s 1.3 update is now live and available to download. Will you be trying out these new maps? Let us know down in the comments below.