The Nintendo Switch will launch with 10 games on March 3, and more than 100 other titles are currently in development. And while the best games look to be Nintendo ones, the console holder thinks it can secure more third-party releases than it has for the Wii U.
Take-Two Interactive is one third party that’s already announced a Switch game, but so far Take-Two has only announced one of its annual sports releases is coming to Switch. The publisher doesn’t appear to yet have any plans to bring heavy-hitter franchises like Red Dead or Grand Theft Auto to Nintendo’s hybrid console. Still, Take-Two is at least speaking positively of the Switch.
“We’re excited about Switch. We’re supporting Switch with NBA 2K18. We’ve said we’re supporting the platform,” Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said on a recent investor earnings call, according to Seeking Alpha. “I’ve said over and over again that when Nintendo comes to market you never want to count them out. So, we’re excited about it. The only thing we’ve announced so far is the basketball title.
As he himself mentioned, this wasn’t the first time Zelnick has spoken positively of the Switch. In July 2016 he said was “already excited” about what was then known as the NX. He followed that up by stating last November that Take-Two was “intrigued and excited” by the Switch.
Nintendo and its fans most likely want to see all of this professed excitement show itself in the way of more actual game announcements, but Zelnick also said in November that the level of development support his company provided for Switch would depend on the size of the install base Nintendo is able to build.