Turtle Rock Studios, the team behind the brilliant Left 4 Dead franchise, has released the last unfinished story mission for the original game, which is now eight years old.
Turtle Rock’s Co-founder Chris Ashton posted the news in the game’s forums, revealing that the development team have “just finished putting the Dam campaign that we streamed a while back into a L4D add-on.”
“It’s gray box, and some code features are missing,” explained Ashton, “but it’s playable from beginning to end. It also includes two standalone survival maps that never shipped.”
The content, aptly entitled “Dam It”, is designed to act as a bridge between Left 4 Dead’s “Dead Air” and “Blood Harvest” story campaigns.
You can download the unofficial DLC for free right here, either through an automatic or manual install.
Be warned, as there are already a number of known issues with the add-on, which Turtle Rock has outlined, including:
- Fire, smoke and explosions do not trigger panic events in the hangars.
- Zombies do not crawl all the time in the orchard.
- Farm house mob does not spawn in the far side of the woods.
- Covered bridge does not collapse with explosions.
- Burned forest area is missing wandering fires.
For all other Left 4 Dead news, be sure to keep up with Twinfinite.
- Modern Warfare Remastered Cheekily References Famous Campaign Glitch
- Major Battlefield 1 Updates Are Coming in November and December
- The Nintendo Power Line Is Returning for the NES Classic Edition Launch