The much anticipated Stardew Valley 1.1 update is about to go live very soon. While you’re waiting for update to be released, take a look at everything that will be new in the 1.1 version of the game:
- Players will now have the ability the marry Shane and Emily
- There will be new crops and items
- Players will have the option to move buildings
- New farm buildings
- Players houses will have the option to be upgraded
- More content for spouses post-marriage
- New events for non-marriage NPCs
- General bug fixes
The biggest feature of the 1.1 update will be the ability to choose from five different farm layouts: Riverlands, Forest, Hill-top, Wilderness, and the original map layout. Each layout will have its own unique look and terrain to add replay-value to the game.
- The Riverlands is a farm that is full of water and even has little “islands” that can be reached only by bridge. This layout offers ample opportunity for fishing.
- The Forest layout is made for those who desire to forage. The forest layout will spawn forage items, renewable stumps, and a new type of weed.
- The Hill-top layout is a mountainous terrain with a mining area right near the farm, where unique items can be found.
- The Wilderness is the only combat-based layout. This layout offers the most farming space, but becomes inhabited by monsters at night.
All of the features will be accessible through old save files with the exception of the new maps. Players will have to make a new character in order to access those. Keep in mind, all of the features are planned to be a part of the 1.1 update but until the update drops we won’t officially know what is actually going to make it in.