Atlus has just released a new trailer for Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, the upcoming JRPG for the Nintendo 3DS. It’s kind of a followup to 2013’s Shin Megami Tensei IV, but Atlus assures us that you don’t have to play the original game to enjoy or understand what’s going on in this one. You can check out the new trailer below.
In addition to the new demons and gods we’ll encounter in the game, Atlus has also gives us a short list of features players can expect from the game:
- Divine Intrigue – Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ chess game.
- Combat Partners – Hunting demons is dangerous, so count on some backup! Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
- Oodles of Demons – Be on your guard because Tokyo is infested with a series record 450+ demons to fight, fuse, or recruit.
- Revamped Demon Fusion – Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat – Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse is set to be released for the 3DS on September 20. Our review will be up later this week.