As we head into the fall season, Call of Duty: Black Ops III lifespan is about to conclude. Treyarch and Activision have announced the release date for the final piece of DLC.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s final piece of DLC, titled “Salvation“, will include four new multiplayer maps and the long-awaited final chapter in the origins zombies saga. The DLC will be released on Sept. 6 for the PlayStation 4 with it launching on the PC and Xbox One about a month later. The DLC costs $15 alone, and is included in the $50 Black Ops III season pass.
Here’s what you can expect from Salvation:
- Citadel: Once home to a powerful medieval army, this ancient castle now sits broken and abandoned. Tight corners force close-quarters engagements, while the moat and drawbridge allows for unique player movement opportunities in this mid-sized map. The last trespassers didn’t make it out alive – maybe you’ll have a better shot.
- Micro: What’s better than a BBQ on a hot summer day? A miniaturized war zone that takes place on a well-stocked family picnic table, that’s what! Navigate this bite-size battlefield for a larger-than-life experience.
- Outlaw: Gear up for a showdown in Outlaw; a western-style re-imagining of the fan-favorite map Standoff from Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. This rough-and-tough medium-sized map brings classic engagements, flanking routes and strategic positions for long and medium ranged combat.
- Rupture: The Call of Duty®: World at War classic Outskirts is re-imagined as a high-tech facility, designed by a futuristic society desperate to repair the Earth’s atmosphere.
- Salvation: Features Revelations, the long-awaited final chapter in the Origins Zombies saga. In Revelations, we meet up with the Origins characters after they’ve taken an epic journey through space and time – all of their struggles lead to this very moment. In this, the final chapter of the Zombies experience, Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai finally come face to face with the mysterious Doctor Monty in The House. Confronted by an ancient evil, our heroes must fight the zombie horde once more in the final battle to save their immortal souls.
What do you think of the final DLC for Black Ops III? Are you excited for it? Be sure to let us know in the comments below and for more, be sure to check out some of today’s hottest stories below.
CHECK OUT MORE
- Battlefield 1’s Beta Starts Soon, But Even DICE Doesn’t Know When It Will End
- Arkham Origins May Get a Vex-Based Expansion and Raid Matchmaking Before the Sequel Releases
- Quantum Break Sold “Really Well,” But Probably Won’t Get a Sequel
- Don’t Starve Together Brings Online and Splitscreen Multiplayer to PS4 Next Month