Exploring and scavenging for resources is at the very core of Starbound. You will need these items to craft tools, weapons, armor, and other things you may need in order to survive the cold expanse of space. Sometimes you will even need these resources to simply complete a side quest. One resource that you may find yourself needing is sugar, and despite its common nature on our planet, it can be tough to come by while playing Starbound.
There are a few ways that you can get your digital hands on some sugar:
- Some enemies will drop sugar upon defeat. It isn’t incredibly common, so therefore should not be relied on, but it is a possibility.
- The mushroom people of the mushroom Patch Mini-Biome happen to grow sugarcane which drop sugar.
- Searching Jungle planets, or any area with “tropical” vegetation will usually lead to sugarcane as well.
- If you find any sugarcane seeds, you can grow your own sugarcane.
- A last resort is to purchase the resource from vendors on planets you may visit.
Those are the numerous ways you can obtain the sweet stuff in Starbound right now. Farming it yourself is the best option if you want to have a sustainable supply without constantly having to venture out, so definitely keep that in mind.
Now that you’ve gotten your sugar, it’s time to get back to exploring the galaxy.