Fire Emblem: Fates is finally almost out in Europe and yet there’s still bad news to be had – some customers’ special editions are being cancelled unexpectedly at the last minute.
The special edition includes both the main campaigns and the additional ‘Revelation’ content. The edition also comes with a steelbook case, poster and artbook. The special edition sold out extremely quickly in the UK and now it would appear that some people are being told – a month after placing their orders – that they won’t be being fulfilled.
Nintendo are attempting to right the wrongs however by offering all of the content to affected customers in a different form, along with a t-shirt and 3DS theme.
This letter found on Reddit details one unlucky customer’s cancellation:
Thank you for placing order ******** with us.
We are sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel Fire Emblem Fates – Limited Edition from your order as the item in question is no longer available.
This product sold out on the 1st of April, but due to a technical error was showing on our store again a few days later. Having placed your order during this second period, we are unable to fulfill your order.
We sincerely apologise for the disappointment this may cause and would like to offer you £5 off your next order as a gesture of goodwill.
As an alternative, for the same price as Fire Emblem Fates – Limited Edition we are happy to offer you a new bundle that includes:
- Fire Emblem Fates Birthright (packaged version)
- Fire Emblem Fates Conquest (downloadable content)
- Fire Emblem Fates Revelation (downloadable content)
- Fire Emblem Fates T-Shirt
- FREE pre-order only Fire Emblem Fates Home Menu Theme
You are also able to use your £5 discount when pre-ordering this bundle.
One commenter on the Reddit thread has also mentioned that their pre-ordered bundle from GAME was cancelled due to stock issues.
- Uncharted 4 is Metacritic’s Highest Rated Game of This Gen Right Now
- Take a Closer Look at Persona 5’s New Characters
- Dark Souls III’s Fashion Police is Invading Worlds and Doling Out Style