The open beta for the upcoming shooter, Doom, has been extended by 24 hours due to overwhelming demand from fans.
Beginning Friday April 15, the beta was due to end at midnight tonight, April 17, but will now run until tomorrow, April 18, ending at midnight ET. News of the extension was announced on the game’s official twitter page.
Doom’s open beta, which has been playable on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam, gives players access to two modes, two maps, eight weapons, three pieces of equipment, and one demon named Revenant.
The open beta is being extended due to high demand, according to the developer, which suggests the beta has been a success.
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam players can access the open beta now and play until midnight tomorrow. Anyone who missed the beta will have to wait until Doom is released on May 13.
- PlayStation VR Available to Demo in June at GameStop
- You Can Beat This Dark Souls III Boss by Lying on the Ground
- EB Games Sent Someone a One of a Kind Dark Souls Pun
- Street Fighter V’s Ryu Gets A $900, Two-Foot Statue
- Fallout 4’s Rocket Shaped Car Now Available in Forza Motorsport 6