Bethesda has announced, via Gamespot, that the Doom open beta will be coming this month. The developer has also revealed what will be included in the first DLC pack.
The open beta will be playable on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC and will begin on April 15 and run until April 18. The beta will give players a taste of the Team Deathmatch and Warpath modes on the Heatwave and Infernal Maps. The developer said in a statement that ‘These maps and modes are just a fraction of what players will experience when the game launches May 13.’
Bethesda also detailed the first of three premium DLC packs for Doom. Each DLC pack will cost $14.99/£11.99/€14.99. A season pass will also be available for $39.99/£29.99/€39.99. The first pack will include:
- Three new maps
- One new weapon
- One new playable demon
- One new armour set
- One new piece of equipment
- New hack modules and taunts
- New customization colours and patterns
Bethesda said: ‘Support for Doom doesn’t end when the game is out. For the rest of the year, we expect to provide certain free content updates across SnapMap and multiplayer.’
Doom will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on May 13.
- Gears of War 4 Nails Down Official Release Date/Cover Art
- Oddworld: New ‘N’ Tasty! Physical Version Release Date Revealed
- Dear Esther Is Coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One