Information about the first content update for Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 has been revealed, including details of the first character balancing patch.
Creative Director for Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, Justin Weibe, posted on the game’s official website a number of upcoming changes to the game, including a new map called Aqua Center for Team Vanquish and co-op modes. Also listed on the website were changes to the game’s hub world, the Backyard Battleground, that include new missions and activities. Some other overall changes have been made, including the ability to view the scoreboard while waiting to respawn.
The changes most likely to resonate with the community however are the much-touted character balancing changes that are coming. Rose, a character that has caused much outrage since the game’s launch, is having a number of changes in particular:
- Completely re-tuned Rose class, bringing her back into playing as a support role
- Reduced Rose’s health
- Major changes to her homing abilities, ineffective at range, requires player to lead target in order to land more hits
- Slightly reduced rate of fire for Magic Thistles
- Significantly reduced length a victim is trapped in Time SnareChanged how Goatify ability works so that damage does not break Goatify, creating a more predictable and less jarring experience and lowered time as a goat
- Slowed down rose variants (Fire, Ice) when charging their weapons to make them more vulnerable
A plethora of other character changes have been made as well, although it was clear that Rose was a heavy focus. The other balances introduced inlude improving Kernel Corn’s attack power and health, and increasing the “survivability” of the Imp class by improving its health.
To view the full list of changes to Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, visit the game’s official website.
- Overwatch Release Date Officially Announced
- Far Cry Primal Remains in the Top Spot on the UK Game Charts
- Watch The Division’s Opening Cinematic Before its Official Release