XCOM fans are hardcore. They’re united across the globe having served the Earth. Together, they fought back against invading aliens, waging war in secret. They’ve trudged through the trenches, bathed in the blood of enemies and allies alike, and made difficult decisions that sacrificed the few for the needs of the money. You are all Commanders in the eyes of XCOM. But, sometimes, the digital war bleeds into real life. Flashbacks to the days of horror haunt you on your commute to work. Suddenly, you start evaluating your friends – who would be better suited as a sniper? Andres? Or Yami?
You laugh and joke, but deep down you know the truth. An alien invasion is imminent. Or maybe, it’s already begun? That thought plagues you from the moment your alarm demands you rise from bed, to the sleepless nights you lay awake in bed. Or maybe, you just need to take a break from X-COM. Regardless, these little things are a fun side-effect that only X-COM fans will understand:
1. YOU’D RATHER NOT TAKE THE CHANCE NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE ODDS ARE
2. THESE LITTLE ONES FREAK YOU THE F*&^ OUT!
3. YOU REALIZE THE TRUE MEANING OF #SQUADGOALS
4. YOU KNOW WHICH FRIEND WOULD MAKE THE BEST CYBORG
5. AND YOU KNOW WHICH FRIEND YOU’D SACRIFICE FOR THE GOOD OF THE SQUAD
6. YOUR GEOGRAPHY KNOWLEDGE COMES FROM THIS SCREEN
7. YOU SMILE WHEN PEOPLE ASK YOU IF YOU BELIEVE IN ALIENS
8. THIN, TALL PEOPLE WEIRD YOU OUT A LITTLE BIT
9. YOU KNOW THE TACTICAL ADVANTAGE OF EVERYTHING
10. SIRI REFERS TO YOU AS “COMMANDER”
As you get ready to don the role of Commander yet again in XCOM 2, remember all those you lost during the initial invasion of Earth. Take the fight to the aliens and reign down retribution from the comfort of your couch. Just remember to take a break every now and then – you know, to stay tactically mobile.
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – How to Get Digimon
- Far Cry Primal’s First Live Action Trailer Says It’s About Guts, Not Guns
- The Best of Platinum Games: All 10 Titles Ranked